- What role do you have in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee?
I’m playing cello in the pit orchestra!
- How many years have you participated in Avenger Theater?
This is my third year in the pit for Avenger Theater; I first played in the pit during my freshman year.
- What is your favorite Avenger Theater memory?
There’s so many to choose from! I think it would have to be the time we actually spend in the pit. It’s such a fun group of people, and it is so incredible to play with the cast. There was also the time in Cinderella where I almost popped the inflatable pumpkin that Mr. Carniaux put in the pit with my bow…
- What would you tell an underclassmen who was thinking about joining the program?
It’s such a great experience! I play a winter sport, which I thought meant that I wouldn’t be able to be involved in theater in high school; however, pit has given me the opportunity to look at theater from a different perspective and still be involved in a meaningful way. Whether it’s on-stage or off-stage, there’s a place for everyone in Avenger Theater, and it will become one of the best parts of your high school experience 🙂
- Have you been in other Avenger Theater shows, if yes, what ones and what role/s?
I played in the pit for Cinderella as a freshman, and for SpongeBob as a junior!
- If you have performed before – What was your first theater production and how old were you?
My first theater production was Aladdin Jr. in first grade at Meadowbrook! I was a parrot vendor in the ensemble.
- Of all the roles you’ve played, which is your favorite? If you could be in any show, which one would you choose and what would be your “Dream Role”?
Though I’m now playing in the pit, I was on-stage until high school. My favorite role was playing Timon in Lion King Jr. in 5th grade – my best friend was Pumbaa, and we had a blast! However, my favorite show is Wicked, and my dream role would be Elphaba 🙂
- In our production of The 25th annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, what scene or song is your favorite part?
I love playing “The I Love You Song” – the cello melody is beautiful. But in the pit, we all have lots of fun with (and slightly dread) “Magic Foot” and its swing rhythm.
- What are your dreams/plans after graduation?
After graduation, I plan to pursue a double major in neuroscience and music with the
hopes of becoming a pediatric neurologist who works with children with intellectual and
- What does Avenger Theater mean to you?
Theater has been such a huge part of my life, and it’s been incredible for that to continue into high school, even in a different way. Being in the pit has introduced me to so many people and provided an opportunity to explore music that has been invaluable. I love the magic of musical theater and am so grateful to be a part of Avenger Theater.